Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Woman's Work is Never Done

Hey All,
Oh, my today i know how it is to be a 1950's housewife. I cleaned the home all day, i decided to clean the floors the old fashion way. I was on my hands and knees, and used a scrub brush Not a mop, I even washed the walls in the bathroom. I then did all the laundry i could find in the house. Ironed all the clothing as well. I even tried vacuuming in heels, i would like to give a salute to the 1950's women who could do that. I did feel very glamorous though.

I know this is hard to believe, but i really enjoyed it. When Bruce got home he was so pleased. It really is back braking work, i can feel it on my sides, and my back aches. Besides saying all that i can assure you my upper body strength is going to be amazing.
My next project is to make a peach pie from scratch. Oh, what a good housewife I'll be one day.
I guess right now I'm just a House Girlfriend. 
I did go online and find great tips for cleaning your home, mostly tips from the 1950's. I will attach the link so you can read these fun tips. I used most of them already, and hope to use all of them in my daily routine.  32 household tips, a collection of timeless wisdom
Happy Cleaning everyone! 

Sincerely 
Whitney K.
Retro Girl 

No comments: