Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chicky Baby

Hey All,
Today was a bit of a drag, I did mostly house work like vacuuming and dusting. Tomorrow will be fun I'm going to Old Glory Antique mall, in Fredrick Maryland. When i was there last i purchased the Letterman sweater which i adore. While there that time i saw a cute 1940's top for the summer, and a 1950's red circle skirt. So i will be buying those tomorrow, and maybe a cute apron for next Christmas. 

I did want to show a picture of a item i found from AAA Antique Mall, It's not really from the 1940-1950's. I found this McDonald's Chicken Mac Nugget toy.
I know your asking "why is this so special? " 
Well i was adopted from Chile, and my adopted mother brought me back to DC when i was two years old. She took me to McDonald's for my first time, and the happy meal toy was this Chicken Mac Nugget. It original came with a costume that you could dress it up and such. I have been looking for another one for a long time, finally one day at AAA i found it. Some things are just priceless, and i will never let it go again. I know that sounds weird, but i think that's one of the great things about antiquing, is maybe getting a chance to find a childhood toy, or remembering a happy memory. I know i found that, and i hope everyone else does too. 
Have a super duper rest of the weekend!

Sincerely 
Whitney K. 
Retro Girl

No comments: