What nice DC weather we are having, just kidding. We got snow all yesterday, and last night. I really dislike the snow, and hope to never see it again. I was out for 2 hours last night shoveling a pathway, while i was out there trees were falling down all around me and Bruce. We had to watch each other and our surroundings, and let each other know if we heard a eerie crackle which told us that a limb or a tree was going to fall.
When we first started shoveling everything went fine, then we heard a loud creaking and then a boom. A tree feel right in front of us. We were able to get out of the way in time. Then we shoveled around the tree because it was blocking our way, then we saw lights in the sky, and a pop popping sound. It was a tree limb that kept hitting the power lines. It was a death zone out there, but we both had to keep digging. Finlay after 2 hours we finished. We headed up the steps to our house, and we heard 2 loud BOOMS! Two trees had fallen in the same place we were standing a few minutes earlier. I tell you Bruce and i both saw what mother nature is capable of, and it's not pretty. Don't worry readers as you can see I'm still alive! When i went out this morning to take the trash out the snow is melting off the trees, and ice and snow is falling every where. As a final HA HA from mother nature a big chunk of ice fell on my head, and now i have a lump. I survived everything else she threw at me last night. Well i can say she got me pretty good this morning. You Win! I'm staying inside the rest of the day.
Hope everyone else is safe and okay from the snow. I would love to hear about other peoples happenings. Us snow people have to stick together. Pictures taken by me enjoy!
| My dog Dolce, Not enjoying the snow! |
Sincerely
Whitney K.
Retro Girl
| Jack-Jack who loves the snow. |
No comments:
Post a Comment