Today was Bruce and mines 3 year Anniversary, We went around Old Town Alexandria. We had a delightful dinner at the Charter House, and before that went to a great Antique shop. They have a great selection of jewelry. Also unlimited amount of silver, from brush sets, silverware, and anything you want for fine dinning. I have decided to start collecting Porcelain Poodles. I was able to track one down in the shop, and its not just a poodle its a scissors and pin holder for sewing.
I will probably not use it for sewing, but it will have a nice home on my night table. That's until i get a bigger collection, then i will set aside a lovely place for them. Bruce was such a sweetie and bought this for me.
If you ever are in Old Town Alexandria, and you love to Antique shop like me go to Trojan Antiques,
1100 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Sincerely
Whitney K.
Retro Girl
2 comments:
Hello, I used to go antique shopping on King St, in 1958-59. Do you remember the shop of a lady named Elizabeth (can't remember her last name)? Her husband had been in the army and they were stationed in Hawaii when it was bombed by the Japanese. She had a great shop and I still have a little perfume bottle she gave me (the top was missing). She was so nice to my husband and me. He was a private in army and we had never been away from home (New Orleans) before. Thanks for the memories!
Why yes i do know what antique shop your talking about. I believe it's called Trojan Antiques. The people who work there are all so nice, and have so much amazing items for such a small space. I spend an hour or so each time so i don't miss anything. Do you enjoy Antiquing as well? What do you like to collect? Thanks so much for enjoying my blog, and I'm glad to take you through memory lane.
Post a Comment