Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Night and Day

Hey All,
Hope your weekend was productive and fun! Mine was, i was able to go to Old Glory in Maryland. I wrote about a 1940's blouse i saw last time, and wanted to go back and find it again. Huzzah! Success, I tracked it down, and I love it!


It's silk and a bit short, but like in the 1940's i tucked it in with a pair of high waisted shorts, and it's so cute. Summer is not coming soon enough! The buttons are ivory, and are carved into little rose buds.
I dig this blouse so much, it's going onto my list of "saving things in a fire".

The next item i found is a 1940's Bed Jacket, I wore it before i went to bed last night, and I've never felt so glamorous. I felt like i should dance in the kitchen with puff ball slippers.
It's pink satin with a silk ribbon to tie at the neck. I will be looking for more of these, i just adore them.






Next thing i was looking for at the antique store are the cute porcelain poodles that i love so much. I'm trying to find as many as i can, I even bought a book about collecting spaghetti poodles. 
 I hope to have a large collection one day, and show them off to friends. Sometimes i love to think about who owned these items, and what kind of life they had. It would be neat if one day someone was reading my blog, and wrote "hey that was mine". I doubt that would ever happen, but here's to dreaming. Thanks everyone for reading this post! Have a great Tuesday. 

Sincerely 
Whitney K. 
Retro Girl



No comments: