Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A bicycle built for one

Hey All,
We are having such nice weather in DC right now, it's a change after days of rainstorms. I'm sure everyone is finding ways to get out and about to enjoy the sun on there faces. I know I'm doing a lot of reading outside on my porch swing. 
What I'm really looking forward in doing is riding a bike. To see the trees and nature, as well as burning off some winter weight for the swim suite season. The only problem i have is i can't ride a bike, my goodness i know it's shocking! I never properly learned how to ride a bike when i was young. My mother tried and it fail miserably. Every child when learning tell there parent "Don't let go!" Well my mother did and i fell off, i was scraped very badly. From that time on i have a fear of it, why just recently my amazing boyfriend tried to teach me again, and i had a awful case of vertigo. I felt that i was 20 feet high looking down. The bike tilted over and i went with it, "TIMBER!" I hurt my shoulder that day. 
Cherry Red Meridian Schwinn
So i have decided to buy a adult tricycle, they are very big in Florida with senior citizens. I find them quit cute, with a little basket in the back for books, groceries, and small dogs. I will be biking with my pups in the back this summer.
There are many adult trikes on the market today, none sold in D.C. So i must order it online which can be pricey. I was able to find a Schwinn adult trike on Walmart's website as well as Sears. 
Here is a photo of it, it comes in Blue and Cherry Red, you can find it in a delicious Purple as well. 
Blue Meridian Schwinn

The Purple one is very rare to find or i would have put a photo up, but trust me I've seen one before, and it's swell. 
I hope to be riding the blue one all over town this summer. I hope to make it popular in the D.C. area. To make the point that you don't have to be older to ride a 3 wheel bike. I also feel i need to get one since the gas prices are sky rocketing! Jeepers it cost me $100 to fill up my car, and using that gas to drive around the corner to get to the market it's ridiculous! I know many people feel my pain, so that's my plan and I'm sticking to it. 
Now don't get me wrong i hope one day i can learn to ride a regular bike, but not this summer. If anyone who reads this post knows anything about adult tricycles please let me know. I'm still shopping around, and there are not to many people i can talk to about trikes. 
I hope everyone summer is starting out well, get out and enjoy the sun on your face, and the wind in your hair. 

Sincerely 
Retro Girl

No comments: