Hey All,
I thought for this post i would talk a bit about my favorite singer, dancer, and person........ Mr. Chubby Checkers!
His real name was Ernest Evans, and he was born in South Carolina, than later moved to Pennsylvania.
If you want to learn more about him Wikipedia has really good information on him. Chubby Checker.
Why i love him so much is when i listen to his music it makes me feel happy, and want to get up and dance. I made it my mission to learn every dance he ever did or sang about. The twist is a great song, and if you do it long enough it does wonders on your waist line. My mother use to tell me when the twist came out she twisted the night away with her friends, and lost 2 inches off her waist. I enjoy dancing my fatty foods away than exercising.
I have many of his songs on Cd's but always felt with music like that it's meant to be heard on vinyl.
I have many of his songs on Cd's but always felt with music like that it's meant to be heard on vinyl.
On one of the trips i took to the antique store i was able to rummage through the records and find Chubby Checkers Twist Party. It was only $3 which was swell, but i would have bought it anyway if it was $100. I don't think I've ever grabbed something so fast off a shelf.
| Go Chubby Go! |
Any ways, maybe one post i will add a video of me doing the many dances Chubby Checkers songs. That's if i can get some courage to do it.
So everyone who needs to be cheered up now and then pop in some Chubby Checkers, and twist the night away.
Sincerely
Retro Girl

No comments:
Post a Comment