Monday, April 11, 2011

A Room is Still a Room

Hey All,
Spring is here in DC it's 76 out right now, and i love it! I went outside today, and the sweet smell of flowers brushed my nose. I even saw a bumble bee which was a bit weird. Either way I'm so excited because yesterday i purchased my first piece of vintage furniture. I bought an end table that is amazing looking. 
Timeless
 The best part is i purchased it for $35, jeepers it was a shock to see the price. Since i am trying to redecorate the house to look like a 50's style home this is a great start. 
My dream one day is to have a home that when you walk in you feel you traveled into the past. It's going to be a lot of work, but worth it in the end.
The table has two tiers, the top is for a lamp which i still need to find, preferably that looks vintage. The second tier is larger to hold coffee table books, or for me my poodle holding flowers. The sides you can see are metal spirals. The table also had a drawer that can hold TV remotes. All in all the end table is in excellent condition, and it's a start for my vintage home. 
I enjoy looking at other vintage enthusiast homes, how they have remodeled the whole house to look like 1950's. As well as finding kitchen supplies, and other house hold items that were offered for housewives back then. 
I hope that everyone can find a good deal now and then, to make there home a little brighter. 

Sincerely 
Retro Girl

No comments: