Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Dish Won't Runaway With My Spoons

Hey All,
How was your week? For me I'm still picking up branches and twigs off my porch from the Hurricane Irene. I am always so sad when natural disasters happen, i always think of the people, and animals that lose something because of it. I send happy thoughts to everyone who was effected by the hurricane.

I'm excited to announce my new favorite thing to collect, Many people back in the day loved to get a trinket or a reminder from the vacation they took. Some collected thimbles, others charm bracelets that has the states or countries name on them, or for the college kids the popular shot glasses. Then again a simple post card reading " Wish you were here" would be just fine for some. For me i fell in love with miniature spoons, with the cute little pictures on the tops. Now I've heard that there are rules when collecting commemorative souvenirs from different states or country's, that you had to have been to the place, and bought the souvenir while there. So i know I'm braking the collectors rules, Well i just say fewie to that. People always ask me beafore going on a trip " What can i bring you back?" I always reply "SPOONS!".
Is it that wrong that i have never been there? Besides i think they have fun trying to hunt one down for me, and picking one they think i would enjoy. For me that's all that matters to bring a bit of fun when anyone travel, and what's more fun that souvenir shopping for your love ones?

Here are a few I've got so far not many, but i hope that will change soon.
Left to Right: NY, Newseum in D.C., Washington D.C. Capital Building, Washington D.C. White House, Key West Turtle
As you can see only 5 right now, but as i was always taught "Always Be Prepared". When i went to the antique store a few weeks ago i spotted a nice wooden spoon holder for the wall. It was only $5 so why not!
It's in great condition just needed a nice cleaning, and it looked brand new. I hope to be getting two new spoons from my best friend who just got back from Ireland. So she was able to find a spoon from there, and North Carolina as well. Jeepers i can''t wait to see what they look like! Well that's all for now i suppose, i will make sure i post the two new spoons when i get them. Take care all!

Sincerely
Retro Girl



No comments: