Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pineapple & Coca Cola

Hey All,
Jeepers it's been a long time since i wrote, I have been dealing with one thing after another these days. Right now I'm inside waiting out Hurricane Irene, It's not to bad right now just a lot of rain. I can say I'm worried about the electricity going out tonight, but it that happens there is nothing like kicking it old school with a book, and a lantern.
I have been working on a lot of Latch Hook kits these days because of the rain. If you have never done latch hooking, and you love arts and crafts you will just adore these. I have one I'm working on now that i will show later in a blog, it's a Jack Russell. I chose it because of my dog Jack-Jack. More about that later though.

Today I wanted to share a recipe i found in a 1950's cookbook, I made it for my boyfriend, and he thought it was just swell. It's called Coca Cola Ham with Pineapple, it doesn't take vary long, and the best thing is you can have left overs for the next night. Lets get started shall we?

Me getting ready to make Coca Cola Ham & Pineapple

Coca Cola Ham Slice & Pineapple

Things you need:
Buy a Packaged (8oz) ham Slice Heat (I usually buy a large Ham Slice and cut it up into four pieces)
Skillet 
Can of regular Coca Cola (Needs to fill 1 Cup)
1/3 cup of brown sugar 
Can of Sliced Pineapple (in a can if desired)

Pour a 1 cup of Coca Cola into skillet. 
Add 1/3 cup of Brown Sugar. 
Heat Until Sugar is dissolved.
When Dissolved add your (8oz) Ham Slice in the skillet, place the Pineapple Slices on top of the ham. Let it simmer uncovered until coke/sugar mixtures boils down, and glazes the ham Slice. 
Takes 35-40 minutes cook.

Tip: I like to flip the ham slices every 10 minutes so both sides get soaked in the Sauce.

Lets Eat!

Thumbs Up for a Retro Dinner
I hope you will try it, and please tell me what you think. I know for me in the winter i love this meal, because it fills me up, and keeps my tummy warm. I hope everyone is safe inside during the storm. Just in case the power goes out pick up a lantern, and read a book or play some games like old times. 

Sincerely 
Retro Girl

No comments: