Thursday, July 7, 2011

Key West Vacation

Wish you were here
Hey All, 
It's been quit a while since i wrote, I'm very sorry about that. I was on vacation in Key West and Naples Florida. I had such a lovely time in Key West, and i suggest that everyone goes one time in there life. It was a shock how small the island was, and that there were rosters, and Iguanas just walking around like squirrels here. The weather was swell, very cool on some days, and the others hot. The beaches were amazing, each beach was different from the last. Some of the beaches were man made, they would ship sand from other parts of Florida, and bring it to KW. I also enjoyed going on the trolley sight seeing around the island. The houses were very old and beautiful, each one was a nice bright color and had distinctive ginger breading on the porches. This would show who lived there and what there job was. Such as if there were pineapples the person grew or sold pineapples, or inherited money from a family that grew pineapples. I have to say my favorite thing was to eat! Great balls of fire i ate so much food! We ate fresh sea food and something called Conch Fritters, Delicious! I also spoiled myself to try the famous Kermit's Key Lime Pie that was dipped in thick chocolate, and put on a stick. Holy Moly it was Divine. I have to say the only thing i disliked was going up an old Light house, I had a massive panic attack. Jeepers creepers i thought the spiral staircase was shaking or about to brake apart. So i can safely say i will never do that again, but i can cross it off my list. 

We did so many wonderful things in KW that it's to much to talk about, so i will show you clips of photos i took. Enjoy 
Lovely place to go butterfly's would land on you and give kisses

Kermit's Key Lime Pie 
Bruce and I

Giant Moth

Lovely Golf Cart

Best Beach in Key West
Bruce running from giant Lobster

Just Romping around
Great place for a retro breakfast

Not to Crabby!

Was was scared to hold this.



The Old Man and the Retro Girl


Family Photo

Key West Tourists

I took many photos of these mail boxes they are darling.

I hope you enjoyed those photos, I enjoyed snapping photos the whole time. I was glued to my camera most of the time Bruce had to tell me to put down the camera and see it through my eyes. We also did a lot of snorkeling to the point i got a bad burn from my neck to my ankles. In the end it was well worth the pain i had the next day. 
After leaving Key West i went to Naples for a family wedding. I've never been to Naples before it was nice. I wore my vintage style dress with fluffy crinoline under it. Bruce even got spiffed up for the occasion.
Fasten your seat belts, it’s going to be a bumpy night.


I hope you all Enjoyed seeing my amazing trip to Key West. I know i had a great time, and hope to go back one day. I still dream about Key Lime Pie, but not the light house. Talk you soon, i have more antiques to show you that i found. Thanks you all.

Sincerely 
Retro Girl

No comments: