Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Anchors Aweigh

Hey All,
 It's been a while since i wrote, Sorry about that folks. Hows the beginning of your summer going? Mine is going great so far. I have been busy writing back and forth to my brother who is in boot camp for the Navy. So i thought i would Salute in this blog post.

I went to a thrift store in VA on Sunday. The store was huge, it had everything there from Men's and Women's clothing and accessories, to house hold items, and more. It took me 4 hours to pick through and try and find vintage looking items. Luck was on my side, after an hour i was able to find a vintage blouse made in China. The Flowers was embroidered by hand. It's absolutely smashing. To hot to wear now, but maybe when there is a day with a nice breeze.
 The shoulders have embroider flowers on it, as well as the collar all around have flowers and Oriental designs. I love finding things like this because you never know when it was made or where it was bought originally. I think it's just swell, and I'm happy to add it to my vintage clothing collection.

Ahoy There!
The next thing i found, just made me feel so happy and special. When i was sifting through the many racks they have i found this piece, and had to try and calm myself down before screaming my head off. I have been yakking about trying to find a vintage style women's sailor jacket, so i can wear it in support of my brother who's in the Navy. Also i think they are just swell looking. I had something like this in mind. (photo to the right) But.......
The tricky thing is it's very hard to find something like this, unless you make it yourself. Which i will be doing, but for the mean time i wanted to keep my eye out just in case i find something like it. 

So what i nabbed was a Navy Blue Sailor Jacket, It has buttons that have a coral pearl look. The jacket has a tie in the back to make it tighter, which i like because my waist is small , and i need to take it in or it would look to bulky on me.
The one thing I'm getting use to is it has shoulder pads, jeepers those things are annoying, but they make the shape of the  jacket look nicer. So i will just have to get use to it. So here it is the front and the back. 
Front
Back
Isn't that just the most? I love it so much that when i got home i threw it on and went camera happy. I took some photos to send my brother to make him smile. 
Here are a few i took while listening to the Andrews Sisters, can you guess what song i was listening to? HAHAH

Salute
Oh, my word!
Jeepers I love this jacket!














Nothing to do with my Sailor Jacket I just love my Saddle shoes!














Well That's all i have for now, I hope you enjoyed this post, and the rest of the week is Ship Shape for you. I also want to say Hello to my new followers, and thank you for taking an interest in Life and Times of a Retro Girl. 

Sincerely 
Retro Girl

No comments: