Hey All,
It's been awhile since i posted anything. How has your weekend and week going? Mine was swell, I was able to go to AAA Antiques to use the rest of the gift card that Bruce gave me for my birthday. I was on a search for a new Spaghetti Poodle. They have a great selection of rare ceramics for holiday decorations to cookie jars. I was able to find two that caught my eye, the first one is a baby blue poodle that looked as though it originally was holding a parasol in her hand. She also has a ring coming out of her collar that would originally have a gold chain coming out that would connect to her two baby poodles. I'm guessing they were both lost or damaged.
| Baby Blue Mama |
It's very hard to find a mama poodle with babies, they also can run very high.
| Fancy Paris Poodle |
The next one i found is a white spaghetti poodle that is also wearing a flower hat. This one is much taller and bigger than my other ones. As you can see both of them have more of what i call the Sprinkled on fur than layers of thin string fur.
There are many different types of fur on a spaghetti poodle. I don't really know the actual phrasing of each type. So i will try, and name them myself, if anyone knows the correct terms i would love to hear them.
![]() | ||||||||
| Pom Pom |
This one i call the Pom Pom Fur.
Smaller strands of spaghetti.
| The Long Spaghetti Fur |
This one has longer strands of fur that are layered.
| The Sprinkled |
Last but not least the Sprinkled fur. This one looks like they used some type of sand and spread it over the poodle so it would make it sharp and ridged effect.
I hope you found this entry interesting, if you want to learn more or start your own collection of these darling Spaghetti Poodles. There is a great book I recommend for you to read. It's called Spaghetti Art Ware: Poodles and Other Collectible Ceramics By Wanda Gessner. There is a link to it, I ordered mine on Amazon.
Sincerely
Whitney K.
Retro Girl

No comments:
Post a Comment