Tuesday, February 21, 2012

GET UP!! It's Pony Time!!

Hey All, 
So i hope your Valentines day was fun and Romantic, mine was amazing. My fiance surprised me with two tickets to see the one the only Chubby Checker. He finally came to DC, so it was a once and a lifetime opportunity. We both got dressed up for for the show, i had a letter man sweater that i let him wear, he looked smashing. The venue was great, except there was no dance floor which was a bit odd since Chubby has mostly dance songs. Either way, it was packed with so many people, my fiance and i were the only none baby boomers, it was fun to see the kid come out of all of them when Chubby Checker came out on stage. I was twisting and limbo rocking in my chair. He looked amazing and still had all the moves, he had people come on stage to dance the twist, and sometimes on certain songs people got out of there chairs and danced around the stage. 


I was very happy when he sang one of my favorite songs Pony Time. I was dancing in the corner, minding my business, and i see someone standing over me, it was Chubby. He took my hand and walked me over to the steps to get on the stage, it was like being welcomed by god to heaven. I took a deep breath and danced the pony like I've never done before. I guess practicing his dances every day payed off Jeepers Creepers. Everyone was clapping and cheering,  even Chubby stood back and watched with surprise, and delight. It was the moment i was waiting for my whole life, my favorite performer/ singer asked me to dance with him. I can check that off my bucket list. 




Here are a few photos of Mr. Checker, in his very handsome jean jacket and pants. He also had some very nice snake skin cowboy boots. He still looks stylish while doing the twist.

Go Chubby
 





Here are my priceless photos, as you can see i wore my saddle shoes so i could dance the night away.
Get Up It's Pony Time!
Now ya turn to the left when I say gee,
You turn to the right when I say haw,

 When i went to get my autograph from Mr. Checker, he recognized me as Pony Time Girl. He said "you have some groovy moves, how did you know all those moves?" 
I said to him "I know all your dances, i practice them every day Mr. Checker." 
He smiled and i could tell he was happy to see and hear that a young person was appreciating him, and his music.


Me With my Idol


 I am so glad i was able to see him perform, it was swell! I also know my Fiance had a blast as well, i looked at him now and then and saw him getting lost in the music. It was the most romantic night in every way. 
If you think of something you want hard enough you can make it happen. I wanted to dance with Chubby Checker and i did, people at my work weren't surprised when i told them, they knew i wanted it bad enough. 
I hope everyone has a moment like i did, i will never forget it. 


Have a romantic rest of the week. 


Sincerely 
Retro Girl (Aka) Pony Time Girl


No comments: